Assignments

The jobs I were interested in that go in the photography field were real estate photographer, cinematographer, and gallery preparer. The reason I am interested in these careers is because they all circulate around the fact that they are in areas that I want to have more/ already have experience in. For example, I want to be a realtor as my career and if I’m able to be a real estate photographer it’d be like killing two birds with one stone. I always loved the idea of creating a movie, so if I can be a cinematographer to do that, it’d be ideal. Lastly, if im able to prepare a gallery of artwork, it’d be the most aesthetically pleasing gallery ever.

Personally, I’ve always dreamed of working in NYC because the city itself is just magnificent. Since NYC is such an expensive and populous city, I would believe the salary to be somewhat high, such as maybe $2-3 thousand a month. Some responsibilities these jobs would require is to show up, do your best, and try to offer something to the audience that gives appeal. I don’t think these jobs are asking for much rather than the fact you have to propose the best form of artworks. Regardless, I would give my 110% to these jobs.

Other careers I would pursue within the photography industry is maybe video editor and maybe advertising marketing professional. These jobs appeal to me because I used to edit videos myself and also, I love to curate something that can gather an audience, hence being able to market. Anything photography related already piques my interest and since I have firsthand experience with photography, I feel like I would be able to pursue one of these careers in the future. But, as mentioned before, I would like to go into the fields of real estate and business. I think these careers suit me more and I like the idea of being a part of a big field that deals with economics.

This is one of my favorite pieces from Keith Haring. I think this piece of his work was about either individualism or the everchanging mind. With individualism, I think it can be shown through this because its saying how we are all a flower. With the everchanging mind, it can be shown through this because it can correlate how our mind is always on full bloom with ideas or goals or creativity, etc. It can also be a promotion of positivity where the center of the flower is yellow (a daisy). 
MAKE A STATEMENT
MIXED MEDIA SCREENPRINT

SCREEN PRINTING

RE-CREATION
PONYO BLOCK PRINTING

• What are aperture, shutter speed and ISO? 

-An aperture is the hole in the lens that allows certain amounts of light to come through depending on the size of the hole. The shutter speed is the time for which a shutter is open at a given setting. The ISO is the camera’s sensitivity to light.

• When would you need to change your ISO?

– You’d need to change your ISO when you have either too much or too little of light, it depends.

• What is aperture and shutter priority settings?

-Aperture Priority lets you choose the aperture and ISO, while your camera chooses the shutter speed whilst the Shutter Priority mode lets you choose the shutter speed and ISO while your camera selects the aperture.

• What are AF modes how do you change them?

-AF stands for auto-focus. The AF modes are single point, dynamic area, and auto area AF. I think you change them by changing your points of focus.

• Why do your need to meter the light to get the right exposure?

– In order to attain the ideal exposure in-camera, light metering is crucial. The foundation for capturing an image with the most accurate highlights and shadows as well as the highest level of color detail is proper exposure. Exposure and light measurement go hand in together.

• What is white balance and why would you need to change it?

-White balance is the camera setting that adjusts how colors are rendered in an image. The “color temperature” of the light in your scene is taken into consideration when you appropriately adjust your white balance.

• What is depth of field and what is the difference between shallow and good?

-Depth of field is the distance between the nearest and the furthest objects that give an image judged to be in focus in a camera. In contrast to shallow depth of field, which keeps only a tiny portion of your image in focus while blurring the rest, deep depth of field keeps the image in focus the entire time.

• What are drive modes and metering modes?

-The camera’s drive modes are single shot mode, continuous drive mode, self timer, silent shutter/quiet mode, remote and mirror lock up, The metering modes are spot metering mode, center-weighted metering,  and pattern/matrix metering.

• What is exposure compensation?

-Most cameras have an exposure compensation option that lets you manually change the exposure value in response to the lighting situation. On modern DSLRs and mirrorless systems, it typically appears as a dial on top of cameras, although it can alternatively be a button or on-screen control in the menu. This is exposure compensation.

• Why do you think composition is important in photography?

I think composition is important in photography because it adds more life in a photo, and it also draws viewers in. Composition has attributes that catches someone’s eye and also gets them to wander their eyes around the picture. I think it also gives the photo power because the main idea of composing an image is to obtain attention. So, if you’re able to do that then you’ve achieved the goal of composition.

• What draws you in when looking at photography and art?

Color is a big factor that draws me in while looking at photography and art. If there are bright colors, it’s for sure going to have someone stop and look. I also love soft colors like pastels. I think color makes imagery and art fascinating. Another thing that draws me in is the message that the art/photo is trying to portray. I love art/photography that I can relate to. It gives not only me, but others something to understand about the photographer/artist.

• Have you been to any museums and where? Did you get inspiration to create art while viewing the work on exhibit?

I haven’t been to a museum unfortunately.

• My Concept

My concept in my surrealism art was my experience with dreams. My dreams sometimes are about weird and unexpected things but there are sometimes where I have a dream that is like sleep paralysis but without the demon. So, I tried to show that feeling with my surrealism art. In those dreams it feels sort of an outer body experience which is what I showed mainly. The “WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?” was inspired by Billie Eilish where, I too, was curious about that. Dreams literally feel so surreal and unreal that the feeling is almost indescribable, so I hope my picture feels the same as well.